Tuesday, January 12, 2010

New Year's Goals

I have so many goals for the new year and one of them is getting better at taking pictures, blogging and just recording mine, Jake, and Hadley's lives. I'm trying to get back on the Blog Wagon! Blogs hopefully to come include: Halloween, Graduation, Hadley's 1st Christmas, and lots of other cute pics and things about my little Hadley girl.
Other goals include:
Spiritual- the usuals (reading scriptures, praying more, family home evening, and temple attendance)
Physical- I have started a dance class! My first time was last week and I loved it! I have been thinking about it all week and can't wait until our next class Wednesday night at 8:30. I was so sore after last weeks class because I forgot that I'm not as flexible as I used to be and was kicking my leg way up there like I was still a high school cheerleader instead of five years later and a new mom. Haha. I also want to try to go to more yoga classes and just make it to the gym more in generall. If I can't make it to the gym, the goal is to at least work out at home. I have done this two days so far so I'm at least making progress!
I guess cooking and eating healthy from fresher ingredients would be in the physical category. I also want to plant a garden so I can grow my own fresh ingredients but I don't know that this will happen this year since I live in a mortuary apartment and don't have anywhere to put a garden. I do have two small planters back there, so maybe I can work some magic with those. I really have no clue when it comes to gardening so it will be an interesting adventure.
Home- I guess cooking could also be in this category... I have the usual goals of getting my house organized and I want my mom to help me Feng Shui my house since she is now an expert after her week long course on Feng Shui in California.
Financial Goals: Mostly just getting out of debt! So we can finally save money and get into a house! Although, I do have mixed feelings about this because I would like to live outside the country and travel more before settling into a house and it's kind of stupid for us to move out of our sweet setup here at the mortuary, unless we are like building or moving into a house that we plan on being in for a while.

2 comments:

  1. I have a way good book on Feng shui, and I totally feel a difference in the way my house feels when I follow some "rules". Love your goals and yes we totally need to help eachother, especially since we live so clost now! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea for goals! You can totally have an awesome veggie garden in a pot! I want to start going to that dance class up at crossroads, but I babysit Roman for 2 more weeks on thursdays, so after that let's be buddies and go -K? I'm a horrible dancer so you'll have to laugh with me. ;)

    ReplyDelete